The Government is spending over £450 million to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
At Park View Academy we believe that sport and PE are extremely important to the physical health and emotional wellbeing of our children. We are dedicated to raising standards in PE and ensuring that more children are becoming more active and engaged in sports. We strongly feel that a fun, varied and competitive PE curriculum and extra-curricular sporting activities have a positive influence on all children and provides a great baseline for an active and healthy future.
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
This year we were allocated £18,068.00 to spend on improving our PE provision. We are using our sports funding to:
(Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium, AfPE / YST, 2015)
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport